SMSF Online Updates - 8th Oct 2021 - single session
Best practice for advisers with BDBNs (~90 minutes):
- Overview and key cases
- The importance of the SMSF deed document trail
Preparing a BDBN to:
- Pay a benefit to spouse and, if no spouse, then to children
- Pay a benefit to spouse and, if no spouse, then to estate (LPR)
- Make a payment conditional (eg, there still being a spousal relationship)
- How to make a pension reversionary via a BDBN
- Can an attorney make or change a BDBN — what does the latest case law say?
- Can a BDBN specify the type of benefit that can be paid (rather than just who to pay)?
- What if the recipient doesn’t want the benefit under a BDBN? Can they disclaim?
- Best practice in execution and storage of BDBNs including electronic execution
- Minimising conflicts via a BDBN (eg, the surviving spouse is both an executor and trustee/director)
- Other options to BDBNs, eg, SMSF wills and death benefit rules
- And much more …
Presenter – William Fettes
Fee: $150 incl GST group discounts available
CPD Hours: 1.5
Designed for: Advisers seeking to stay abreast of SMSF news.