|Super Reform Webinars|
| Super Reform Update|
Fri 24 November
|SMSF Online Updates|
|Fri 9 Feb 2018|
|Fri 13 Apr 2018|
|Fri 8 Jun 2018|
|Fri 13 Jul 2018|
|Fri 7 Sep 2018|
|Fri 12 Oct 2018|
|SMSF Strategy Seminars|
|Adelaide – Thu 9 Nov 2017|
|Perth – Fri 10 Nov 2017|
|Canberra – Tue 14 Nov 2017|
|Sydney – Wed 15 Nov 2017|
|Brisbane – Thu 16 Nov 2017|
|Melbourne – Fri 17 Nov 2017|
|Launceston – Wed 7 Mar 2018|
|Newcastle – Tue 13 Mar 2018|
|SMSF Core Course|
|Click here to view full pricing table|
SMSF Strategy Seminars
We present quarterly at each location during March, May, August and November. However, we only present twice a year at Lauceston and Newcastle (March and August) and Hobart and Canberra (May and November).
Each seminar contains two discrete strategic topics and an SMSF update (based on different material to any prior DBA Network event). Topics are carefully chosen based on current strategies and examples and delve into technical rules and practical issues that advisers need to master. We also regularly workshop practical case studies.
Topic 1 — Your post super reforms strategy toolkit for SMSFs
We will focus on the following important issues in the context of the super reforms:
- Overpayment of pensions
- Underpayment of pensions
- Trust deeds — when is an update essential and when can it be skipped?
- Contributions and the total superannuation balance
- Spousal equalisation strategies
- Applying the CGT relief and ECPI
- Tip and traps with unit trusts, including CGT relief
Topic 2 – The latest succession planning strategies
We will take a practical look at the following:
- The latest ATO view on reversionary TRISs
- 2017 BDBN case sheds new light on making an effective BDBN
- How a flimsy change of trustee nearly caused a succession planning disaster
Topic 3 — SMSF update
Time permitting, the latest hot SMSF issues
This material is different to the content of the SMSF Online Updates
- Franking credits are refunded if an SMSF is in pension mode. We analyse these rules and examine whether an SMSF 50% in pension mode should have the accumulation members pay the pension members for any credits used
- SMSFs have a special CGT regime which assesses gains on most assets but do you know which assets will be assessed on revenue account, eg, what items now are trading stock?
- We review the segregated or unsegregated pension exemption rules. We analyse how capital gains and losses are calculated especially in view of the ATO’s view on when funds are segregated and its latest strict view on segregation in TD 2013/D7?
- There have been several recent AAT and court decisions on non-arm’s length income (‘NALI’). Advisers now have a framework for determining when a transaction may be taxed as NALI (even if the SMSF is in pension mode)
- There are pros and cons of auto versus non-auto pensions on death following TR 2013/5 (ie, TR 2011/D3 finalised). We examine the latest tax strategies unfolding from these different strategies
- How to ‘cherry pick’ to a member’s advantage the preservation rules
- How to save clients up to $30,600 tax using the preservation rules
- How a TRIS can pay out more than 10% per annum
- How to make contributions for members, beyond ages 65, 70 and even 75
- When will babysitting grandchildren and similar roles constitute ‘gainful employment’?
- How to strategically use the definition of ‘retirement’ to benefit those 60+
- SMSFs Trustees must never have committed an offence involving dishonesty whenever or wherever. When will riding on public transport without a ticket and other minor infringements, etc, constitute dishonesty?
|SMSF Strategy Seminars|
|No||Price||Price x 4 seminars|