|Super Reform Webinars|
|SMSF Online Updates|
|Fri 2 Jun 2017|
|Fri 14 Jul 2017|
|Fri 8 Sep 2017|
|Fri 13 Oct 2017|
|Fri 9 Feb 2018|
|Fri 13 Apr 2018|
|SMSF Strategy Seminars|
|Adelaide – Thu 18 May|
|Perth – Fri 19 May|
|Canberra – Tue 23 May|
|Sydney – Wed 24 May|
|Brisbane – Thu 25 May|
|Melbourne – Fri 26 May|
|Ballarat – Wed 31 May|
|Launceston – Wed 9 Aug|
|SMSF Core Course|
|Click here to view full pricing table|
SMSF Strategy Seminars
We present quarterly at each location during March, May, August and November. However, we only present twice a year at Lauceston and Newcastle (March and August) and Hobart and Canberra (May and November).
Each seminar contains two discrete strategic topics and an SMSF update (based on different material to any prior DBA Network event). Topics are carefully chosen based on current strategies and examples and delve into technical rules and practical issues that advisers need to master. We also regularly workshop practical case studies.
Topic 1 — Super reform — the very latest developments and strategies
We will focus on what has happened in late March, April and May 2017, including:
- Release of the new regulations: what they mean and what strategies they give rise to
- Key changes that have recently occurred for paperwork requirements for all account-based pensions and transition to retirement income streams
- Latest on CGT relief
- Latest from the ATO, including finalisation of various LCGs
- Most common questions and misconceptions
- What critical steps all advisers should take by 30 June
- Much more
Topic 2 — Impact on SMSF succession planning
We will cover what the cutting edge succession planning strategies are as at May 2017, including:
- Latest insights on how the transfer balance cap applies on death
- Latest on BDBNs and automatically reversionary pensions
- Planning and practical tips and traps for advisers
- Much more
Topic 3 — SMSF update
The latest hot SMSFs issues.
This material is different to the content of the SMSF Online Updates
- Franking credits are refunded if an SMSF is in pension mode. We analyse these rules and examine whether an SMSF 50% in pension mode should have the accumulation members pay the pension members for any credits used
- SMSFs have a special CGT regime which assesses gains on most assets but do you know which assets will be assessed on revenue account, eg, what items now are trading stock?
- We review the segregated or unsegregated pension exemption rules. We analyse how capital gains and losses are calculated especially in view of the ATO’s view on when funds are segregated and its latest strict view on segregation in TD 2013/D7?
- There have been several recent AAT and court decisions on non-arm’s length income (‘NALI’). Advisers now have a framework for determining when a transaction may be taxed as NALI (even if the SMSF is in pension mode)
- There are pros and cons of auto versus non-auto pensions on death following TR 2013/5 (ie, TR 2011/D3 finalised). We examine the latest tax strategies unfolding from these different strategies
- How to ‘cherry pick’ to a member’s advantage the preservation rules
- How to save clients up to $30,600 tax using the preservation rules
- How a TRIS can pay out more than 10% per annum
- How to make contributions for members, beyond ages 65, 70 and even 75
- When will babysitting grandchildren and similar roles constitute ‘gainful employment’?
- How to strategically use the definition of ‘retirement’ to benefit those 60+
- SMSFs Trustees must never have committed an offence involving dishonesty whenever or wherever. When will riding on public transport without a ticket and other minor infringements, etc, constitute dishonesty?
|SMSF Strategy Seminars|
|No||Price||Price x 4 seminars|