|SMSF Online Updates|
|Fri 7 Feb 2020|
|Fri 3 Apr 2020|
|Fri 5 Jun 2020|
|Fri 24 Jul 2020|
|Fri 4 Sep 2020|
|Fri 16 Oct 2020|
|SMSF Strategy Seminars|
|Launceston - Wed 11 March 2020|
|Perth - Fri 13 March 2020|
|Newcastle - Tue 17 March 2020|
|Sydney - Wed 18 March 2020|
|Brisbane - Thu 19 March 2020|
|Melbourne - Fri 20 March 2020|
|Adelaide - Thu 7 May 2020|
|SMSF Core Course|
SMSF Family Law and Relationship Breakdown Day
The SMSF Family Law & Relationship Breakdown Day provides a face-to-face practical, step-by-step guide on how to deal with family law and relationship breakdowns in an SMSF context.
It is designed for financial planners, accountants, auditors, SMSF administrators and lawyers who want a comprehensive guide to SMSF family law and relationship breakdown issues. With more than 40% divorce rate (based on marriages each year) and other relationship breakdowns involving SMSFs, advisers need to be well versed in how to manage the many aspects that relate to relationship breakdowns and more importantly, how to minimise the costs and stress of going through a relationship breakdown.
In particular, attendees will gain a detailed understanding of:
- the key steps that are generally involved in a relationship breakdown involving an SMSF
- the relevant superannuation and taxation issues
- the key planning tips and traps and the latest strategies
The topics will be presented with practical case studies to illustrate their real-life application. The topics aim to foster the following skills in attendees:
- Overview of the regulatory framework
- Who to make your client to avoid conflicts of interest and unnecessary legal liability
- What is the best way to split super in an SMSF and the pros and cons of a base amount versus an interest split?
- Key aspects of typical SMSF splitting orders/provisions
- How are a financial agreement and superannuation agreement is best applied
- What special provisions should be in the SMSF deed
- What needs to be done to ensure a member is removed completely from an SMSF
- How do the preservation, tax free %, transfer balance cap and other rules work?
- Dealing with various relationships in an SMSF including LBTQI relationships
- What are the key strategies, key traps and tips?
- How best to minimise risk when admitting a spouse/friend or another member to an SMSF
- What other aspects have to be considered from an SMSF perspective
- What happens if there have been regulatory contraventions â??â?? the best way to deal with the ATO
- And much more!
Number of Attendees
SMSF Family Law &Relationship Breakdown Day
Price per attendee
1 - 4
- Morning tea, afternoon and a light lunch provided